GT500 TRACK ATTACK
Driving Day: Lots of seat time!
A high-performance driving experience for owners of the Shelby GT500
Included with the purchase of every 2020 Shelby GT500 is a complimentary one-day track/classroom experience. This experience will provide you the opportunity to participate in both classroom and on-track instruction by the Ford Performance Racing School and will prepare you to get the most out of your new GT500.
The GT500 Track Attack program delivers excitement, training, and thrills to Shelby GT500 owners. The new GT500 is the pinnacle of any pony car ever engineered by Ford Performance and our facility is the perfect venue to demonstrate just what it can do both on the track and on the strip. Our professional instructors help anyone take their driving expertise to the next level, whether a beginner or experienced racer.
The GT500 Track Attack provides you with a full immersion into the performance and technological features of the Shelby GT500, in a controlled environment with professional instruction. The extensive course time includes classroom instruction and plenty of time behind the wheel – starting with exercises that teach the fundamental performance driving skills required to wring the most out of the new GT500 on track and strip. These skills are taught and reinforced to share with the owners how best to use the many advanced technological attributes of the car while focusing on the particular dynamics of the GT500 and the goals of establishing the performance capabilities of the owners’ car and improving their driving skills – all while having fun.
- For owners of new 2020 Shelby GT500
- A one-day track/classroom experience
- Builds high-performance driving skills on track and drag strip
- Learn the dynamics of your Shelby GT500
- Learn on-track braking and cornering techniques
- Discover proper driving posture and seating positions
- Instructor group comprised of championship-winning drivers
- Second track day may be available†
- Non-driving programs for guests†
Track Attack begins with a welcome reception dinner, which takes place the evening before the first day of each date.
GT500 Track Attack begins with the evening reception at Charlotte Motor Speedway (subject to change). This casual program allows you to begin building friendships with fellow Shelby GT500 owners and begin preparing for your upcoming driving day. Event runs 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
You will start and finish your driving day at the Ford Performance Racing School welcome center and classroom building. Check-in will open at 7:30 a.m.
Daily Activity Schedule:
- 8:00am start time (sharp)
- Classroom session (approximately 30 minutes)
- Launch control exercises
- Drag strip runs*
- On-track lead-follow sessions
- On-track demo laps (you ride passenger with instructor driving)
- Graduation (4:30 p.m.)
*Alternate exercise may be used in the event of inclement weather
UPGRADE OPTIONS //////////////////////////////
NON-DRIVING GUEST EXPERIENCE
Non-Driving Guest Experience // +$179
Each Shelby GT500 owner has the option to bring one non-driving guest. Your guest can join you at the reception dinner, sit in on all classroom instruction, watch the on-track excitement, and experience the adrenaline rush of demo laps in the passenger seat of a GT500 with one of our professional driver at the controls. *Limited availability per class
Two-Day Non-Driving Guest Experience // +$219
Adds a second day to the “Non-Driving Guest Experience” for GT500 Track Attack programs with an optional second day of driving. Includes all of the features listed in the “Non-Driving Guest Experience” plus lunch on the second day for your guest. *Limited availability
The Non-Driving Guest Experience Features:
- Guest joins you in attending the evening reception dinner the night before
- Sit in on classroom instruction
- Watch the On-Track action up close and personal
- Joins you for catered lunch
- Ride as a passenger in a GT500 with a Pro Driver
- GT500 Track Attack. Age restrictions – 14 years old minimum
*If you selected not to bring a Guest to the Welcome Reception / Day 1 [referred to as the ‘Non-Driving Guest Experience’] during your registration, you clearly understand that you are not allowed to bring any guest to the evening reception, or to the next day’s activities — which includes classroom sessions, on-track experience and meals — at the racetrack.
SECOND DAY DRIVING OPTIONS
On select dates, you can upgrade to an optional second day of Performance Driving for a real taste of what the Ford Performance Racing School has to offer.
GT500 Owner // FPRS Mustang GT – $1,695
GT500 Owner // FPRS Mustang GT with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 – $1,995
The Performance Driving Day 2 Upgrade Features:
- Drive a performance-prepped 2015 FPRS Mustang GT, or upgrade to a 2015 FPRS Mustang GT with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires designed for track and competition.
- Learn from professional instructors with championship experience
- Lots of track time: Four on track sessions each 20-25 minutes